Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Book Talk at Kinokuniya Saturday 31 October


I look forward to meeting some folks and selling some books this Saturday at Kinokuniya at Ngee Ann City, Orchard Road between 2.00 and 3.00pm.
I will also discuss some of my wild and wonderful Singapore adventures, and perhaps even venture a few observations and opinions while trying to stay within the OB markers. Any questions from the public will also be entertained (within reason!).
So come on by, you'll have plenty of time to get into your Halloween costume afterwards.

1 comment:

  1. Hi David,
    My name is Anja and I am a Dutch woman, living in Singapore since some weeks only. Just read your book and found it very funny, entertaining and also informative. Tx!

    One question: I asked some people about the habit of keeping everything wrapped and with the original stickers etc. They never saw that. Was that for the sake of a funny story or does this really happen on a larger scale? Just curious...;-)

    I was also told that regarding who you date the prime "plus" for a man is: money, status, good job. And for a woman: looks. Is that what you see around you too? Same people told me that being e.g. original, interesting, creative is not relevant at all for being considered worth dating.

    Is the book selling well and received well?

    Kind regards,
    Anja

    ReplyDelete